Sunday, February 8, 2009

slowly healing

I went and got the steroid shots in my back this week, and I also got a massage on Saturday, and I have to say it has helped. The pain is still there, but at least now it is bearable. I managed to get my 10 mile run in today and then went and swam in Barton Springs in my new wetsuit. It felt great. Did about 30 miles on the bike on Saturday, before the shoulder started flaring up. Well, I'm turning 39 this week, Ugh!!! I've been putting off making plans because I'm not excited about turning 39. Each day, I'm inching towards 40 and that scares me. I never really felt old, or even felt that I looked old, until I saw the T3 picture book they took for the Ironman CDA participants. Major Crows feet, around my eyes. Plus the roots of my hair are showing. I"m getting grey hair now so I dye it a reddish color.

I went to Church today. First time I've gone in a few years, and the sermon was on being single, and how it can be a good thing. It really did make me feel better. There is nothing wrong with me because I am single. Actually, I think it's good that I'm single, as I've dated a lot of real jerks this year, and I'm just plain tired of it. The only reason I'm mentioning this, is that I had a date on Saturday night, who again, asked the question of why I haven't been married yet, thus making me feel old. I've decided that I am not going to date anymore until I meet my dream guy. I have an image of him in my head, and that's that. Should save me from a lot of pain and frustration. I think that most people that I know that are married or have been married are not happy, and with the high divorce rate, I should be proud. Well, I don't have anything enlightening to say and I"m tired, so goodnight. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment