Monday, February 16, 2009

Herniated disk

Yep, it's true, I have a herniated disk in my C5 and C7 spine. I went to the pain doctor today and told him that I did not want to do the epidural. Quite honestly, the steroid shots have worked, and the pain is almost completely gone. I ran the half marathon yesterday, and did my best time ever and the shoulder didn't hurt at all. I was running a 9:43 per mile pace for the first 9 1/2 miles, then slowed down a little on the hills. God, those hills were brutal! The weather was awesome. Nice and cold :) The doctor went over the MRI with me, and he is referring me to not one, not two, but THREE different doctors. He wants me to get a second opinion from a spine doctor, then he wants me to get a nerve test on my left arm, as the fingers are numb and he wants to see if this is permanent damage (God I hope not), and then to a new (this will be my third) physical therapist, who just happens to be out of network! Geez, I've spent so much money on medical issues in the past few months. First the tooth implant, and now this. I'm getting my temporary crown next week. He better do a good job of putting it in, as last time, my temporary tooth kept falling out and I was having to go in every day for him to re-attach it. This one I'm wearing now, has lasted since before Christmas. Can you tell I'm getting old? and I haven't even reached 40 yet!!

Just when I finally feel beautiful and secure of myself, my body starts to break down. ....

1 comment:

  1. Laurie! I'm so sorry to hear about your disks. I hope you can get everything fixed. Take it easy. You're in my thoughts :)

    ReplyDelete