Sunday, October 3, 2010

I'm leaving on a jetplane.......

Hi everyone,
Well, I am packed and ready to go and will arrive in Kona on Monday night. I'm excited and ready to do this race!! I am bib number 1162 and you can follow me on race day (Saturday October 9th) at ironmanlive.com. I'm also trying to get my race splits fed to my twitter account, so you can check that barring that ironmanlive doesn't have any issues. My twitter handle is @lauriev. Since, I'm traveling by myself I will not have anyone to feed my facebook profile, which would have been awesome, since everyone of my dear friends is on facebook, but it is what it is, and I'm not bringing a computer with me, so you are stuck with my iphone pics uploading to facebook. I am bringing my camera and hopefully will meet some adopted friends for the week to take pics of me while I'm doing the race. The cool thing is that I have met several people online who have offered to be my friends for the week, so I really won't be alone out there. Did I tell you how excited I am about this? Not to build this up too much, but I have dreamed of this day since I was 21 years old in college watching Mark Allen win the ironman world championship. I'm amazed that I've come this far and am getting a once in a lifetime dream to do this. Yes, people, miracles do happen, and they may not happen at the most opportune time, or exactly when you want them to, but if you want something bad enough it will come. Now, if I can channel that to the rest of my life, I'll be golden :-)
Thank you to all of my friends for your support and encouragement!!! I hope to make you all proud!!
Laurie

1 comment: