Monday, July 12, 2010

Two workouts a day, training in Houston, and Rednecks oh my!

Ironman Hawaii is only three months away now and my training has started to get a little more intense. My coach is giving me two workouts a day now more often and this week, I get the pleasure of training in Houston, as I'm visiting family. Boy what a difference a three hour drive makes in terms of humidity and heat. Yesterday, I did an hour long run and I burned 626 calories. This is over twice as many calories that I would normally burn on an hour long run in Austin, if that gives you any idea. Today I got the pleasure of cycling in and outside of Kingwood. I only got honked at three times for my hour long ride. Apparently, people in Kingwood do not realize that a road bike is meant to be ridden on a road and not on the greenbelt. Some guy passed me in a truck, honked at me and pointed to the greenbelt and flipped me off. I guess I've been spoiled living in cycling friendly Austin. I really hope I don't have to move to Houston for work....
I also had a lovely experience swimming at the YMCA close to my mom's house. Full of kids and kids peeing in the water. The pool was filthy and a kid peed right next to me as I was swimming laps. Nice! I don't think I'll be going back to the Y any time soon.....

No comments:

Post a Comment